Sunday, July 9, 2017

Birchbox June 2017 Review - Face the Day

Yea! My Birchbox has arrived for the month of June, and I am excited to check out what they have in store for me this time around. Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least five samples (and sometimes a full size product) to your door for only $10. They curate the box especially for you, so you are bound to like the products, and I especially like the high quality brands they deliver. This used to be my favorite subscription box of all time, since the products they send were always my favorite, but others have really stepped up their game. Let's see if Birchbox can bring it for me this time.


This month's theme is "Face the Day." Summer is pretty much here, and these products will help you face it and embrace it. I am guessing these items will help protect your face from that summer sun, keep it fresh from grease and sweat, but also keep it look great, even in that 100 degree weather. This box isn't exactly my favorite design of all time, but it is still pretty cool. I like that the profiles create a cool design. While I may not keep this one out on display, it will still work perfectly for organizing in my cupboard, or in a drawer. I also like to use them to wrap presents. 



Klorane Chamomile Shampoo & Conditioner

$15.00 / $20.00 - 200 ml each    ($2.88 Value)

Like I said before, Birchbox has helped me discover all my new favorite brands, and this is one of them. I love how this company uses natural ingredients to bring the best out of your hair. Also, they work so well and smell great as well. This shampoo and conditioner combo will help bring the best blonde color out of your hair by treating brassiness and purifying. The chamomile also helps relax your hair from styling and the sun. While these samples aren't that large, I will still get a few uses out of the shampoo, and it is nice they threw in the extra conditioner so I could try them out together. I am already happy with this month's box.




Manna Kadar Cosmetics Eye Candy Priming Shadow Stick in Jellybean

$24.00 - 2.5 g    ($14.40 Value)

Unfortunately, this product arrived a little busted (the tube was dislocated and stuck to the top of the tube), which didn't give me the best first impression. I tend to not get too excited about cream shadows, and this one in particular is a primer, which is something I rarely do. On the other hand, this color is really cool, and will look great with any icy look. The product also works really well. It didn't crease in my eyelid, nor did it smudge all night. I don't know how often I will use this, but I can see a lot of people using this as a base color to build off of. This isn't my favorite product of the month, but it will still get used. 




The Beaty Crop Blush Duo in Papaya Don't Preach

$10.00 - 0.11 oz    (Full Size!)

I have been wearing blush more and more this year, so I am pretty excited to see this duo in my box. While I much prefer powders, I have been experimenting in some creams, so I am happy this product offers both. The light pink is perfect for day, while the cream, dark pink will give me a more dramatic look. Since this compact is a little small, and it is split between two colors, it isn't super easy to cover your entire brush, but it is doable. I really like this product and the two colors, and I will quickly incorporate it into my beauty routine. 




Vasanti Brighten Up! New Skin Amplifying Moisturizer

$34.00 - 2.03 oz    ($3.35 Value)

One of my favorite items to receive in my subscription boxes are face creams. I apply moisturizer every single day, so I go through them quickly. They are usually so expensive too, that when I purchase on my own, I never buy the best brands or formulas. Through my subscription boxes, I am able to stock up on great brands without digging too deeply in my pocket. This moisturizer promotes renewed skin by amplifying the conditioning properties. I like how it makes my face feel supple without being too heavy on my skin. This is a great product, and while I may never purchase it again, because of the price, I will definitely enjoy this larger sample. 




Cartier Eau de Cartier Goutte de Rose

$68.00 - 1.6 fl oz    ($2.13 Value)

Most people hate receiving perfume in their subscription boxes, but I like them a lot. I don't like sticking with one scent for too long, but rather change it by weather, event, and emotion. This unisex scent has a main note of roses which empowers any other. I don't particularly see my boyfriend wearing this (ever!), but I would definitely wear it sometimes. I love that it is fresh and romantic, perfect for late spring and early summer. Also, the scent lasted all day. I could see myself wearing this to work to beat those air conditioner blues or to an intimate dinner with my boyfriend. It isn't something that I would normally reach for, but I could easily find myself in the mood to wear this. 




Overall, I am pretty happy with this month's box. It isn't good enough to make any top 10 lists, but I will use everything inside. The shampoo and conditioner are nice, but I wish they were a little larger. The blush is beautiful, and I love the colors on my skin. That goes for the eyeshadow primer stick as well, but I don't think I will use it as much. The face lotion will get used up for sure, and I am happy to restock my cabinet. I will happily add this perfume to my collection as well. This month's box has a value of $32.76. That isn't the best, but I am happy since I only paid $10 for this box. Birchbox doesn't always deliver incredible value, but the products are usually always perfect for me. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out new products and brands at an affordable price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment