Sunday, July 9, 2017

Rachel Zoe Box of Style Sumer 2017 Review

Yea! My second ever Rachel Zoe Box of Style has arrived, and I have already become a fan of this box after my first go around, so I cannot wait to see what is in store for me this season. The Box of Style is a seasonal subscription box full of fashion and beauty products that delivers to your door for $99.99. While that is a little expensive, the products inside are always high value and the box’s items are usually collectively worth more than $350. This is a great box to update your wardrobe and beauty cabinet with a few select pieces that are perfect for each season. Since it is a Summer box, I would love a new pair of sunglasses, or even a beach tote that can be used by the beach or in the city. Either way, I am sure I am going to love what’s inside. 


Each box comes with a booklet that itemizes each product with a description and price, but they also have pictures that give you styling ideas as well. I love that this box delivers this, since it is really nice to see how they styled the items, but it also shows you how to style the items together. These are also fun to hold onto in order to remember the box as a whole, but also to pull out when you need a reminder or a little fashionable assistance. I don’t like looking at this until after I’ve gone through the actual products, because I don’t like spoilers!




$120.00

OMG! I am already in love with the first item from this box. Not only is it a summer item, but it is so versatile. I could see myself wearing this over my bathing suit at the beach (of course), with shorts and a tank at the park, over white pants at work, or as a warm cover-up over a black dress at an outdoor wedding. Honestly, the possibilities are endless. The black color with flowers is both trendy and sheik, and it can easily be dressed up or down. The longer sleeves may look great on smaller frames, but they do make me look a little boxier than preferred. I am sure I will be able to work the shape out and let it fall a little more flattering. Then, I will be wearing this all the time. I absolutely love it!




$150.00

To begin, I am so excited about receiving another pair of sunglasses in my subscription box! But, these aren’t a pair that I would normally pick out myself. The shape is very glam and feminine, and I prefer more masculine or classic shapes. I did give them a try, and I like them a lot more than I thought I would. The sunglasses are quite large, so it appears less feminine and more trendy. Also, the cat eye isn’t that prominent, so I am not jumping into this style head first. I will say, these sunglasses are really versatile. I could wear these to the beach, downtown, or to a wedding. I am actually happy I received this pair, because it is unlike anything I have, and it really helps me break out of my comfort style. Plus, these are yet another item that are more than the cost of the box.




$115.00

I know that Box of Style always includes a piece of jewelry, so this was expected, but the symbolic charm necklace was not. This jewelry line is handmade in Cambodia to help empower women across the globe. Better yet, their charms symbolize the joyful life ahead of you. While I don’t typically wear jewelry, especially small and delicate pieces, but I love that all the meaning behind this piece, so I would love to wear it. Since it is gold, my favorite accessory color, it will fit in perfectly with so many of my outfits. Also, it is so dainty, that it makes the perfect small accent to any look. The icing on the cake, this is the third item in this box that is worth more than the cost of the box itself. Wow!




$27.00

I have been looking into purchasing a straw hat for summer, and now I don’t have to! I wasn’t a huge fan of the poms at first, and really, I could still do without, but they add a nice accent to the hat and they give it a more bohemian vibe then pure country. Also, with the poms, this hat looks so much classier, so it is perfect for wearing to my favorite cafĂ©, or even to the park. I will say, since the hat does have poms, it seems a little too nice for the beach, which is originally why I wanted this hat to begin with, but I guess I can just get a more basic one for that. I am obsessed with this item. It gives me a real summer, laid-back vibe, but it also lets me go one more day without washing my hair. What a great accessory addition. Love it!




$37.00 - 0.2 oz

This not only is such a loved and sought after brand, but the product is amazing and the packaging is absolutely beautiful. I would never splurge on an item like this on my own, and I would also never purchase a cream blush, since I am not so great at blending with them, but after one try I was hooked. The color is so beautiful, and it really wasn’t that hard to blend. The formula also lasts a long time and doesn’t smudge once set. I am always sweating during the summer time, but surprisingly this product stayed put. I am so happy this item was included in this box, and I will get so much use out of it. Also, since the packaging is so, so pretty, this will be going straight to my counter. Too bad this brand is so expensive, because I would love to try out different products from their line.




$18.00 - 0.52 oz

What do you know, another product from their line, and this time it is a practical item rather than beauty. I love receiving sunscreens in my subscription boxes, because that means I never have to purchase them on my own. Also, I’ve never tried out a SPF stick before, so this is completely new and fun for me. I hate reapplying sunscreen to my face when I’ve been outside all day, because I don’t like rubbing products in with my dirty hands and clogging pores. Sprays are nice for this, but they don’t feel great when you get them in your eye. The stick works so great at reapplying without having to touch your face at all, and it is so fun to use I won’t ever forget. There will be no sun burns in my future. This product looks so cute in my beach bag as well.



Overall, I am so happy with this season’s box. This is only my second box ever, and I am completely obsessed. The kimono is wonderful and so versatile. The hat and sunglasses are the same, and they really round off the look. I have everything I need now to spruce up my summer wardrobe without replacing every piece. The charm necklace isn’t something I would normally purchase or wear, but I just love it so much. The beauty products are also so great as well. They are high quality, well formulated, and so darn cute. Seriously, this box was a complete win! The value of all the contents totals $467. That is absolutely crazy for a box that only costs $99.99, and assures me that I go my monies worth. I wish they send this box out every month because I love it so much, but at least I get it every three. I know you believe me when I say  I cannot wait for fall!


If you would like to try Rachel Zoe Box of Style for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself and update you wardrobe at a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment