Sunday, July 9, 2017

Target Men's Beauty Box June 2017 Review - Hello Dapper Dude

Yea! My boyfriend's Target Men's Beauty Box has arrived for Summer, and while he may not be super excited about toiletries, I love watching him open it up, check out the products, and get in on the subscription box fun. Target comes out with a Men's box twice a year, once for Summer / Father's Day and again in Winter for the holidays. That is plenty since there aren't really a lot of variety in men's products, and these are the perfect times to stock up on travel items. 


This season's theme is Dapper Dude. These products will help take your man from rugged to clean cut without making too much of a fuss. Since this is a summer box, I am hoping for some SPF products to keep him safe from the sun, but since it is a Father's Day box as well, I hope these items will also help him look and smell great. It's time I hand the box over and let him check out each of the products. 



Nivea Men Creme

$5.49 - 5.3 oz    ($1.04 Value)

Not surprisingly, he wasn't really sure what this product is or what it is used for, but I was there for the quick explanation. This lotion is super creamy and can be for your face or body. He is always borrowing my lotion and asking for a new bottle once he runs out, so it is nice for him to have a container to himself. He likes that it is fast absorbing, and I like the light masculine scent. While the summer is much less dry, he tends to use it less this time of the year, but this tin will come in handy when those winter months set in. 



Olivina Men All-in-One Body Wash in Bourbon Cedar

$8.99 - 8.5 oz    ($2.64 Value)

I was really excited about this higher end body wash, and he was happy about another travel product that he always needs. Unfortunately, it wasn't everything we hoped for. First, this smells strongly of bourbon in the shower. This isn't exactly the best scent to use on a weekday morning before work, or especially after a night of heavy drinking. Second, he wasn't too thrilled with the lack of bubbles. That kind of thing doesn't bother me, but he is set in his ways. I think he will choose to use this product before a night on the town, but it will not be used any other time of the week.  




Schick Hydro 5 Men's Razor

$5.50    (Full Size!)

Razors are so expensive in stores, and he uses them at least once a week, so he was already excited to see this item. While this brand isn't his absolute favorite, he says it still works really well. It leaves a really close shave without leaving nicks. Also, this handle can be used with replaceable blades, so it can save him some money in the future. This product alone almost makes up for the cost of the box, so it really ups the overall value. That makes me smile.




Dove Men+Care Elements Minerals and Sage Antiperspirant

$4.49 - 2.7 oz    ($2.83 Value)

As of recently, my boyfriend has become a Dove brand fan, which made him happy to see this deodorant in the mix. With only one use, he was a fan. He loved how it kept him dry and smelling fresh all day, especially for someone who sweats more than normal. Also, I love the scent, and it was much less overpowering than most. This is quite a large sample size, as it is more than half the size of the regular product, so he will be able to get quite a few uses out of it. I don't know if he will keep this for travel, but instead it would be ideal for throwing in his gym bag. 





Colgate Optic White Radiant Toothpaste

$6.99 - 3 oz    ($1.75 Value)

I hope he didn't care too much for this item, or will remember it being in his box at all, because I am going to be stealing this one. I have been worrying about my coffee stained teeth as of late, and this whitening toothpaste works so well to remove top stains along with deep set stains. Also, since it is sample size, this is ideal for traveling, which is great for me since I already have quite a few flights booked. While this is a box for him, I am so excited that there was an item for me as well. I guess I can share. 




Yes To Natural Man Cleansing Wipes

$5.99 - 25 ct    ($2.40 Value)

When he pulled out this item, he thought these would be perfect for camping. While I do agree, we don't really go camping that often, so I informed him of a few other uses. Personally, I think these would be ideal for those time your need to clean up quickly, but don't have time to shower, or those times you have to go from one event to the next and want a quick fix. He hasn't had a chance to try these out yet, but I am sure they will work great, as the brand is one of my favorites. I may have to remind him to use these when he gets a little stinky.




Axe Adrenaline Cool Charge Body Wash in Iced Mint & Ginger

$4.49 - 12 oz    ($0.37 Value)

If I know nothing about my boyfriend, I would still know about his obsession for Axe products. He uses their shampoo, body wash, deodorant, and spray, so he was excited to see another one of their products in this box. I wasn't sure if he would be interested in the mint and ginger scent (even though I definitely was), but he says he liked it a lot. He was sure to note that this wasn't your normal gel, but much more creamy. He is a fan of this new formula, and I won't be surprised if I see him pick it up from the store next time we go shopping. 




Overall, this season's box was a hit for him (and me!). He was in love with the Axe and Dove product, while the razor and lotion will definitely come in handy. Those body wipes are completely new to him, and I can see them becoming something he really likes and uses. That toothpaste is mine, and I will really enjoy. The only product that wasn't a hit is the bourbon body wash. The scent is just a little too strong, but it still works really well. This box has a value of $16.53. That isn't the greatest, since I did pay $7 on this box, but at least it is more than double, and he will use all of the products.


If you would like to order you very own Men's Target Beauty Box keep an eye out for them the begging of December. They sell out quickly, so buy them up as soon as they are available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment