Saturday, July 29, 2017

Walmart Beauty Box Summer 2017 Review

Yea! My Walmart Beauty Box has arrived for the summer season, and I am excited to check out my drug store samples. Walmart Beauty Box is a seasonal box for only $5 shipping (the box is free), and it is filled with beauty samples, and some full size products, sold at Walmart. I love my beauty subscription boxes, but sometimes the products are just out of my price range if I were to buy the full size item, so it is great to sample affordable items from new brands and brands I love. 


These boxes don't normally have themes, or a card detailing the items, but it was nice to see this quote on the inside of the box. The summer heat is radiating for sure where I am from, so I would like to still be able to look and feel beautiful while it is still hot and humid. These boxes aren't the best at delivering items specific to the season, because most drug store finds don't, but I still hope to see some colorful makeup items and possibly some sunscreen. We will see!




$5.47 - 25 count    ($1.53 Value)

Ohh! Yea! These are my favorite cleansing wipes of all time. I love receiving products I've never tried before, but it is always nice to restock on those that I will already repurchase. These wipes do such a great job at removing makeup, but they also don't leave a weird film behind. These wipes are perfect, and I haven't found anything I like better. I may save this pack for travel. These sample items are always great for that. 




$3.84 / $4.97 - 12.6 fl oz / 17.7 fl oz    ($1.00 Value)

We've all tried Pantene Pro-V in our day, so this definitely isn't a new discovery. The best part of this box, like I kinda mentioned above, are all the travel size products. If you were to purchase this shampoo and conditioner in sample size at the store, they would cost at least $3. This box allows you to stock up on all your travel sized products at a great price. Pantene is one of my all time favorite shampoo and conditioner, especially when it comes to drug store brands, so these will be the first to travel with me.  




$2.50 - 2 count    (Full Size!)

This is finally a new item for me, and one I am pretty excited about. I use quite a few face masks, and they are pretty difficult to remove sometimes. A washcloth doesn't have enough grit, and takes quite a few rinses to fully remove. These sponges soak up a ton of water to help break down the dried mud, and the pores help scrub away any thick or hard product. I am so happy with this item, and it is something I didn't realize I needed until I owned it. I wouldn't use these over and over, though, because sponges hold bacteria. These will be great in the meantime though.




$4.12 - 1.25 oz    (Full Size!)

This is the first item in the box that just isn't for me. Usually, the items in this box are so generic, that I usually use them all in my daily routine, but this item doesn't make the cut. I have long, thin, and straight hair, so I like to keep it light and clean to keep up the volume. Hair gel just weighs it down. Luckily, I have a boyfriend that can use this. He gave it a try, and wasn't too impressed. He much prefers pomade that lets you toss and restyle throughout the day, and this just hardened his hair to a crisp. I can see him using this now and then, but he wouldn't repurchase. 




$4.50 - 36 count    (Full Size!)

This is a really cool item to receive in this box, since it is almost the cost of the box, and I can see a lot of girls really enjoying this nail set. Unfortunately, I am not one of them, just because this style isn't really me. I do like the three different colors and prints, which make it fun to mix and match, but also, they go together so perfectly. I have a few friends that will really like these, so I will just pass them on. 




$7.98 - 5.1 oz    ($0.39 Value)

You are bound to get foil samples in this subscription, and I don't really mind because this box is technically free. Plus, this is one that I will be able to use. I, of course, clean all my brushes regularly, and I am always running out of cleansing productions. This gel will remove all the makeup and impurities from your brushes to leave them as clean and new as the day they arrived. This gel was a little difficult to use, since I normally use bars, but I ended up really liking it, and my brushes felt and looked great. I would definitely consider repurchasing. 



Overall, this is a pretty good box, but I am a little bummed about a few of the products. The travel sized shampoo and conditioner are great, because I can take them with me anywhere, and the makeup wipes are my absolute favorite. The sponges are a new discovery, and I will be repurchasing over and over. The sample of brush cleanser was nice to try as well. The nails and hair gel just isnt' for me, though. This box has a value of $14.05. That isn't great for a $5 box, but at least it doubled the cost. I hope that next season's box will fit me better. 


If you would like to try Walmart Beauty Box for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to sample new products on the market at a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment