Sunday, July 9, 2017

Target Beauty Box June 2017 Review - Hello Sunshine

Yea! My Target Beauty Box has finally arrived, and I can't wait to dig in. Target Beauty Box isn't exactly a subscription, because you have to purchase them each separately, but like subscriptions, they come out once a month and offer a collection of beauty samples and full size products. These boxes range from $5 to $10 depending on the value (this one cost $7), so they are always affordable. I love this box, because it delivers the best of Target's beauty section, and it is always fun to try out different products specially curated for the month. 


This month's theme is Hello Sunshine. This is the first month of summer, and it is definitely time to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. These products will help you both enjoy and protect yourself from the sun. I am hoping for some SPF items, of course, but it would be nice to receive aloe and moisturizing items for when I forget to reapply. This is a pretty basic theme, so I don't really know what to expect, but I know it will be perfect for this time of year.




$7.99 - 8 oz    ($2.00 Value)

It just wouldn't be a summer box without sunscreen, would it? This SPF is ultra-light, sweat-proof, and waterproof, so it is the ideal sunscreen for the beach or a full day outdoors. While I have tried many Hawaiian Tropic sunscreens in the past, this is a new formula for me, and I like it a lot. I am impressed at how well this worked, even being in and out of the water, and it didn't feel like an extra layer on my skin. This is a great sample size, and the container will be perfect for travel. What a great start to a summer box. 




$2.99 - 1 oz    (Full Size!)

This is the second time I've received this sample this month, and the forth sea salt spray I've received in the last thirty days, but I am still happy to see it. I have really straight hair, unless I've been in the ocean. That is the only time I obtain those perfect natural beach waves I always crave. This product does a great job giving my hair a touch or curl and volume with just a few sprays. I love how easy this product is to use, and how well it works. It also smells like summer, so I can dream of the waves even while I'm stuck in the office. I will definitely use this up within a couple weeks. 




$1.99 - 0.5 fl oz    (Full Size!)

I've received quite a few Sinful nail polishes in the past, and I love adding to the collection. These aren't the best nail polishes ever based on application and lasting power, but they are great for the price, and I love the colors. This orangish red color reminds me of early summer when the flowers are past bloom and the bright colors of summer are taking force. This looks great on both my fingers and toes, and the color is so versatile, I can wear it from late spring into early fall. I'm happy to add this color with the others. 




$3.49 - 1 ct    (Full Size!)

I love every kind of face mask, but sheet masks are so easy and fun to use. This ultra soothing mask with soften, calm, and nourish your skin with vitamin E, aloe, and collagen. The sun is super damaging and drying when you don't remember to protect yourself, so this mask will get help get my skin back on track. I love the added aloe to help heal any sunburn and the collagen which will help tighten your skin for a more youthful look. This is a great addition to this summer box, as it will help my skin refresh from a day in the sun. 




$2.97 - 8 oz    ($0.63 Value)

One thing I love about Target Beauty Box is how they deliver brands and products I already love in travel size, which makes them perfect for my life on the go, and I don't have to purchase the overpriced mini sizes straight from the store. This three minute conditioning mask with help nourish your hair from hot styling tools and, of course, the hot summer sun. I tend to replace my normal conditioner with a mask once a week, so this will come in handy when I need to restock or when I'm traveling. This product makes my hair look, feel, and smell great as well. 




$5.99    (Full Size!)

Everyone needs a fresh razor when that summer sun hits because we're all about to be baring a whole lot more skin. I hate purchasing razors, sine they are so expensive, so I love receiving them at a discounted rate in my subscription boxes. This five razor blade gives me a super close cut without irritating the skin. The gel handle looks pretty and feels great in my hand. I would definitely purchase this product again, and it looks like I can just purchase more blades and won't need to purchase the handle again. Cheers to that!




$5.99 - 0.27 fl oz    (Full Size!)

At first, I was super excited to receive a concealer in this month's box, but I am not too happy with the product itself. This is a little too dark for my skin, to begin with, but I guess it might work once I get a little bit of a summer tan. Second, the concealer is really thick, which is less than ideal in the hot summer. I'd much prefer lighter formulas. The last bummer, this leaves my skin a little shiny and greasy, I much prefer a more matte look. I love trying out new concealers, but this one was unfortunately a flop. Also, it's summertime, where is the added SPF?!



Overall, this box is pretty good. I really enjoyed all the items but one, on the plus side, but nothing really wowed me. They were mostly all items I've tried before, but at least I liked them enough to happily restock with these new items. The sunscreen, hair mask, nail polish, razor, sheet mask, and sea salt spray are all great products for summer and really make up the theme of the box. The only item that doesn't scream summer is the concealer, which was a complete miss for me. This month's box has a value of $23.08. That is pretty good for a box that only cost $7, and even without the concealer working, I still saved a lot of money with these items. 


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, just keep an eye out on their website in the beginning of the month. They sell out quickly, so jump on it when you see the deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment