Friday, July 14, 2017

BoxyCharm June 2017 Review - Downtown Charm

Yea! My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of June, and I am excited to see what this month has in store for me. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscrition box that delivers at least four (but usually five) full size beauty items to your door for only $21. This is the highest value subscription box for the cost, while they all have a value over $100, and the brands and products are always great additions to your beauty collection. I really like this subscription box, and any makeup loving person would love it as well. 


This month's theme is "Downtown Charm." I was always impressed with BoxyCharm's themes in the past, because they were unique, went along with the season, and actually helped curate the products. Lately, they have been a little broad and boring. This month's theme is all about getting a little edgier with your style and achieving a street look. I was hoping for a more summery theme, as it is the first month of summer, but since we have two more of those, I am sure they will make up for it. I am hoping for a great mascara and possibly a SPF item. Let's see!



RealHer Play Book Do Your Squats Perfect Basics Shadow Palette II 

$28.00 - 0.36 oz

I love that BoxyCharm includes full palettes in their boxes, because they are a high value item, and you always get more looks with multiple colors. I have a few pink and purple toned palettes in my collection, but this one is so beautiful! I love the super light highlights, the brownish blends and those pops of mauve. This is a great palette to create a lot of looks, both simple or complicated, and I love the mixture of mattes and shimmers as well. I haven't received a palette that I've loved in a while, so this is a great start to the month. I can create some great street looks as well.




Biobelle Cosmetics Facial Sheet Masks in #staygorgeous, #beautyscoop, and #primer

$14.97 - 3 masks

Yea! This box came with sheet masks, and unlike past boxes, there are three of them this time. I've tried this brand before, and it isn't the most high end sheet mask I've ever tried, but it still left my face refreshed and renewed. This trio includes a mask to hydrate and nourish, one to diminish the look of fine lines, and one I've never seen, a face primer. I can always use a hydrating mask, and I put those away until I've spent too much time in the sun, or I've been flying. I love the idea of diminishing fine lines, and I will use that instantly. The face primer is interesting. This will prep your face for a flawless makeup look. I am looking forward to trying this before a wedding or a dressy event. This trio will come in handy for sure. 



Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder

$26.99 - 4.5 g

Right when you think it is going to be a grand slam, a product always makes me hit a wall. While this item is perfect for summer, it just isn't perfect for me. This powder is perfect for your body, lids, or cheeks to give you a added glow. My skin is pretty white, so a product like this just looks fake on my skin. I will say, this leaves a beautiful shimmer, and I could see it pairing perfectly with a summer dress for drinks at the local beach bar or to enhance a bronze, downtown club look. I might keep this in my collection just in case my skin gets tan enough to use, but otherwise, I may not be able to use it at all. 




Ofra Cosmetics Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Tuscany

$19.90 - 6 g

BoxyCharm loves Ofra and often sends us their items in this subscription box. This brand isn't my favorite, as I am not in love with their dramatic colors, but I am always impressed with the quality. This is one of a few different liquid lipsticks by Ofra they have sent us over the years, so I know this items lasts forever, and dries quickly. I also know that it is a little drying, which is so uncomfortable for me. This color is a little too dramatic and dark for me, which is too bad, but I do like that it goes with their theme perfectly. I will pass this color to a more daring friend. 




Luxie Beauty Rose Gold Pro Precision Tapered Face Brush 640

$24.00

Yeah! Another Luxie brush. BoxyCharm sends us beauty tools along with the makeup, which is always appreciated. Luxie brushes are the best in their price range, and I am always impressed with the quality. This tapered brush isn't as full as I though it would be, which makes it perfect for more precise looks. I am more of a get up a go makeup wearer during the week, but this will come in handy when I want to spruce up my look on the weekend. This isn't a brush I have received in a subscription box before, which also means I don't own a brush like this at all, so I am excited to add it to my collection. 




Overall, this month's box is just alright. It started out great, but it them took a turn. The palette is amazing and so beautiful. I will have a lot of fun playing with it. The mask trio will come in handy as well, and I am excited to try each of them out. The brush is great, since I don't own one like it, but I don't know how often I will use it. The body glow and the lipstick just aren't for me, but I appreciate that they are high quality and go along with the theme. This month's box has a value of $113.86. That is absolutely amazing for a box that only cost $21. The price is always worth the products, even if I don't love them all. 


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to stock up on beauty products without spending a lot of money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment