Saturday, July 22, 2017

Sephora Play! June 2017 Review - Your Summer Starters

Yea! My Sephora Play! subscription box has arrived for the month of June, and I am excited to check out what it has to offer this time around. Sephora Play! is a monthly subscription box that delivers six beauty samples to your door in a cute bag for only $10. I love the box and the products that they offer, plus the it usually values three or four times the cost. Plus, you can go into any Sephora, and the store assistant will help show you how they are used. Pretty cool for anyone trying to learn new tricks and looks.  


This month's theme is "Your Summer Starters." Summer is officially here, and these products will help prep you for the sun, heat, and fun. There is something exciting about summer, but there are not so exciting things that we have to deal with once it comes along, and I hope these products made it a little more breezy. This month's bag is back to the cloth, but the graphic is so cute. I love the diving girls, and the quote is cute as well. I normally hand these off to friends or use them to package gifts, but I will be keeping this one. 



VERB Sea Spray

$7.00 - 2.4 fl oz    (Full Size!)

I don't like using too many hair products except the normal shampoo and conditioner, because they don't do much to my strands, but they often just weigh it down. Sea salt spray has made me change my mind completely. This gives my hair a light wave and even some extra volume. The smell is light and clean, which is exactly what I want in my hair. This is the second Verb product that I've received in my Sephora Play box, and I am really liking this brand. Plus, it is so affordable, I could definitely see myself repurchasing when this is out, and believe me, it will run out. 




COOLA Makeup Setting Spray SPF 30

$36.00 - 1.7 oz    ($7.20 Value)

I've received this item in my subscription box before, and since I've run out of my last sample, I am happy to restock. In the summer, we really don't like layering product, but it is so important that we wear sunscreen, even on those days we aren't spending completely outside. This product not only takes care of that while setting our makeup, but it takes away a layer and a step from my summer routine. I really like this product, because it works, both as a setting spray and a SPF, and it is literally getting me ready for summer. Plus, while I love trying out new products, it is always great to receive items I already love.




Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lovesick

$20.00 - 0.22 fl oz    ($9.09 Value)

I know so many Sephora Play subscribers are going to be excited for this product, but I unfortunately am not one of them. I know that Kat Von D always delivers high quality products, but this is just not for me. I am not a huge fan of liquid lipsticks because they dry out my lips, and this color just isn't for me. When I think of summer, I think of bright colors, but this purple is just too dark. Also, I prefer pinks, corals, and reds on my lips, so this is out of my comfort zone. I normally don't receive six for six out of this subscription box, so I am not too bummed about this one, and I will happily pass this off to a friend. 




Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk

$10.00 - 1 oz    (Full Size!)

Yea, this is yet another item that I love and have use up in the past, so I am excited to receive another to restock. This dry shampoo is great, because it doesn't leave a white tint in your hair but still does a great job soaking up the oil and dirt from a day without shampooing. The scent is light and refreshing too, so I don't think of dirty hair when I smell it. I go through dry shampoo so quickly, since I try not to wash it that often, and these smaller bottles are perfect for traveling. I am really pumped about this item, and I will definitely use it up quickly. Plus, this item alone makes up for the cost of the box.




Benefit Cosmetics The Professional Face Primer

$31.00 - 0.75 oz    ($4.13 Value)

Wow, this is yet another item that I know and love (3 total!) and I am happy to have another to use. This primer is the holy grail of primers (you're wrong smashbox fans). It does a great job at covering pores to create a flawless look. But, it also has a light tint to cover any redness or imperfections. This tube alone will last me at least seven uses on and around my nose, so I am not only happy with this item but it will get me through a least a week of primer. This is such a great product, and I'm always happy to receive it in my subscription boxes. 




BVLGARI Omnia Crystalline

$66.00 - 1.3 oz    ($2.54 Value)

While many subscribers aren't a fan of the perfume sample, I love trying out different scents, and I love mixing it up by my mood, the event, or the weather. This scent is great for summer, because it it light and airy, but it still packs a punch. With notes of bamboo, nashi, lotus flower, and balsa wood, this perfume is exotic and natural, which makes it perfect for those days outside. I can picture myself wearing this to a downtown art gallery or to summer drinks after work. It represents the outdoors and sophistication both very well. 



Overall, I am really happy with this box. It isn't my favorite box of all time, but it is pretty high up there. I love receiving items that I already know and love, so the dry shampoo, primer, and makeup setting spray were all nice additions. But, the real reason I look forward to my subscription boxes are to try out new products. The Verb sea salt spray was a great surprise, and I like how affordable it is as well. The perfume is really nice this month as well, and I can see myself working through this sample quickly. The only product I didn't love was the liquid lipstick. This month's box has a value of $36.96. That is pretty great for a $10 box, and since I really like most of the products, it makes it even better.


If you would like to try Sephora Play! for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to sample great products at a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment