Friday, July 14, 2017

Ipsy Glambag June 2017 Review - Volume Up

Yea! My Ipsy Glambag has arrived for the month of June, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for me this time around. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that delivers five beauty samples and full size items to your door in a makeup bag curated specially for the month's theme. Ipsy is great for anyone that loves makeup and trying out new products and brands. Each month only costs $10, and they usually have a value around $50. Ipsy isn't my favorite subscription box, but I love checking out all the products they deliver. 


This month's theme is "Volume Up." It is all about turning up your style rather it be trying out new looks or amping up what you already do. Ipsy's theme doesn't usually go well with the items, but it is always used to create the makeup bag pattern. This makeup bag is pretty fun, and it suggests there will be a lip item or two inside. This isn't exactly my style, but it is still really cute. These are great for travel or organizing. I know some people don't even use them for makeup, but with their kids items as well. 



NYX Professional Cosmetics Whipped Lip & Cheek Souffle in Plush

$6.00 - 0.27 fl oz    (Full Size!)

I really like NYX and their products, so I am pretty excited to see this item included in this bag. My guess about a lip product also came true as well. This whipped formula can be used on both your lips and cheeks, but I will most likely keep this to my mouth. The formula is super light and dries smudge proof, and it doesn't even dry out my lips. This color isn't ideal for a summer lip, but it is really pretty, and I'll be able to pull it off on late summer nights. This is a great start to this month, and it is a full size product. 




theBalm Cosmetics Balm Springs Blush

$21.00 - 0.197 oz    ($2.98 Value)

Again, this is another brand that I love, so I am always excited to try out any of their products, but this one in particular speaks to me. I've spent some time in Palm Springs recently, and while I wouldn't want to wear much makeup in that heat, this blush will be perfect for those days I want a more classic look. The pinkish-mauve is beautiful, and it reminds me of a loungy summer day. This sample size is really small, though, and it isn't always the easiest container to use, but this will last me a while the amount of times I will use it. 




Dr. Lili Fan Probiotic Recovery Cream

$68.00 - 1.7 fl oz    ($26.00 Value)

I have never heard of this brand before, but I have already become a fan. This cream is created by a doctor that specializes in skin care, so you can really trust the formula and ingredients. This cream firms and moisturizes your skin all while making it feel smoother and appear younger. It is a little watery, so it feels cool and luxurious when applying, and it also smells wonderful. With just one use, my face feels firm and some of my fine lines are less visible. I absolutely love this product, and I am glad I have the chance to test it out. Unfortunately, it may be a little too expensive for me to repurchase. Otherwise, I would instantly. 




Hey Honey Uncover Detoxifying Mud Mask

$54.00 - 1.7 fl oz    ($15.88 Value)

I've repurchased Hey Honey's peel mask, because I loved it so much, so I was excited to try out another one from their line. This mud mask is a little stinky, which isn't pleasant for something you put right next to your nose, but the grainy properties help exfoliate the skin while the mud renews and detoxifies. Most mud masks dry out your skin, but this one left it feeling smooth and soft. Since the scent really isn't pleasant, I don't know if I would purchase this again, but I will enjoy the few uses I have from this sample. 




DOUCCE Maxlash Volumizer Mascara

$22.00    ($7.00 Value)

I've had the chance to sample this item before, and I always regretted missing out on that opportunity, so I am glad I now have the chance. This volumizing mascara promises to increase the appearance of volume with it's special wand and formula, all with a few strokes. This was not the case. This mascara looked like it was barely on, and I had to apply a few layers before I really saw a difference. When I use a mascara, I always look for volumizing and amplifying, but this was not the case. I could use this as a base coat to layer over, but other than that, I just don't think this will get used. 




Overall, I am really happy with this month's bag. I am a fan of all the brands they delivered (nothing cheap or not noteworthy), and I may have found a new favorites. The probiotic cream is amazing, and I wish I could afford more. The blush and lip color are great as well, and they would wear together perfectly, which is a plus. The mud mask works really well, but the scent was a little off. I was hoping great things for the mascara, but it just didn't work out for me, unfortunately. This month's bag has a value of $57.86. That is amazing for a $10 subscription, and that doesn't even include the value of the makeup bag. Since this month was a complete hit, I can't wait to see what is in store next month. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out so many brands and products at a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment