Sunday, July 9, 2017

Popsugar Must Have Limited Edition Summer 2017 Review

Yeah! My Popsugar Must Have Summer Limited Edition has arrived, and while I have seen some spoilers, I can’t wait to see what else this box has in store. Along with their monthly subscription, Popsugar also offers one-time purchase Limited Edition boxes each season. These boxes are a little more expensive at $100, but along with the cost comes more value. They deliver many high end products that cost double or even triple the cost of the box, so it is a great way to spruce up your wardrobe, home, or bathroom cabinet with luxe items at a great price. The fall and winter boxes are my favorite, but I know this will deliver many items to love.


These Limited Edition boxes don’t really focus on a theme, but instead they curate the items by the season. Many past boxes included items such as beach towels, sunglasses, and sunscreen, so I am sure this year will be very much on trend. I am hoping for a straw hat or a cute round beach blanket. Some self-tanner would be great as well. I try to keep my skin protected from the sun, but it would be nice still have a tan. These are always a little more exciting to me, since the products are nicer and the value is larger, so I can’t wait to see what this year has in store.




$129.00

We could all use another summer / beach tote, and this one is so trendy and cute. The tote is made out of straw, so it fits perfectly with the summer season, and it is big enough to bring with you to the beach and small enough to take to dinner or a party. The accessory balls are fun as well. They add a touch more style, but can also be removed if you’d like to make the tote a tad more functional. While I normally don’t wear or accessorize with a lot of color, this tote will help me break out of my black shell and embrace that summer air. I think this would be great to use a carryon to your island vacation. You’ll be able to carry everything you need on the flight, and you’ll also have a great bag to have with you while relaxing or partying.




$32.00 - 1.0 oz

While I think this is a perfect item for summer, I don’t know how excited I am about it. This shimmer spray will give you a nice bronze glow all while cooling you down from the hot heat. The formula is hydrating, which is ideal after hanging out in the drying sun. It also contains aloe, which I would normally associate with an after sun product, but why not use it in the sun as well. This item is perfect for hanging out at the pool or beach, or to spray on your skin when day turns to night and you still want to enhance your summer skin. I am a little bummed this doesn’t have SPF, so I’ll have to layer products in the heat, but this does look beautiful on your skin. I don’t need this product, but it will be fun to use.




$65.00

Ok, I was so excited to see a pair of sunglasses in this month’s box, but I am not a huge fan of these. I will say, these polaroid lenses and rainbow design on the side are pretty nostalgic, which Popsugar has been doing a lot lately, but I am not ready to bring this fashion back. First of all, it is too much blue. I wish it were blue lenses with black or brown frames, but instead it is blue on blue. Also, this shape is pretty basic. I love the new cat-eye or circle lenses, but these look like something my grandpa would wear. I know they have to universally please everyone, but this style doesn’t please me. This is a little bit of a bummer.




$18.00

It wouldn’t be a Popsugar box if we didn’t have a home item, and these coasters scream summer. I do like the Sunnylife brand, as they replace the ordinary home item with something cute and fun. These coasters are cute and fun, but they aren’t really my style, and won’t fit in with my décor. I will say, they are great quality, and the box makes them really easy to store. I think these would be perfect for a summer house or cabin, or you could switch these out with your normal coasters for the season. Personally, I will be bringing them out to the pool for a fun and luxe upgrade. These aren’t something I have purchased myself, but they will be fun to use this summer.




$24.00 - 6 fl oz

I only know hint as a flavored water, so it surprised me to see it as a sunscreen. Their products are always colorful and fun, and this packing doesn’t differentiate. Even though I’ve been wanting to switch to aerosol sunscreen, I always end up with the rub-in cream lotion. When it’s hot outside, no one wants to rub more product onto their skin, and it is also so much easier (and I’m much more willing) to reapply when you can quickly spray it over your body. I personally don’t love the sunscreen smell, so this pineapple scent is appreciated. Also, it does a really good job at covering. I used this while outside all day, and with a few applications, I didn’t get a touch of color. Plus, it looks so cute with my other beach items. This is such a practical and fun item.




$10.00 - 3.2 oz

Ohh, I love caramels, and the more expensive, the better they taste. I should’ve read the box, because I didn’t expect the Chai flavoring, and while it did throw me off, it was a pleasant surprise. These caramels are super creamy, so they melt in your mouth, and it is hard to only eat one. Popsugar loves sending us chocolate items, and I’m not a fan, so I am happy with anything else. These are definitely a treat that I would never buy myself (mostly because I won’t purchase sweets myself), but I really loved.




$32.00 - 0.2 fl oz

This second beauty product is quite a nice surprise, and really adds to the value of the box. I have never heard of this brand before, which always excites me, especially when it is high end and not a cheap, new product. This lip color and gloss is made with two application ends, so you can wear it as just a lip color, just a gloss, or a glossy color. I love the versatility of this product, which makes it the perfect product to throw in your purse. I am not a huge fan of the color. While it is really pretty, I like lighter and brighter colors from Summer, and this reminds me of a Fall or Winter product. I will still get a lot of use out of it, but I will mostly save this color for nights out instead of days in the sun.


Overall, I am pretty happy with this season’s limited edition. I already know I am going to love the Fall and Winter boxes more than the others, but this Summer box could’ve been a much better fit for me. The straw tote is nice, but I could only see myself using it once in a while. I feel the same way about the sunglasses. I like them, but I am much more likely to reach for a few others pairs before I would grab for these. The shimmer spray is like something I’ve never owned, but that is most likely because I don’t need it and won’t really use it that often. The coasters are cute, and I will bring those out in the summer, while the lip product will probably stay in my drawer until Fall. I do really like the sunscreen (it is so cute and smells great), and the caramels are already gone. So, in other words, I loved the cheapest two items. Haha. This month’s box has a value of $310. That is pretty great for a $100 box, and while this one just wasn’t for me, I will be purchasing the Fall Limited Edition. I can’t wait.


If you would like to PopSugar Must Have Summer Limited Edition, just click here. It has so much value in this box, and it is a great way to treat yourself to products that will help give you the best summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment