Saturday, July 29, 2017

FabFitFun Summer 2017 Review

Yea! My first ever FabFitFun box has arrived, and I am so excited to check out everything inside. FabFitFun is a seasonal lifestyle subscription box that delivers items that range from beauty, fashion, home, and fitness for only $49.99 per box. I have been watching the spoilers for about a year now, and I finally caved. I've been more and more impressed with the items, and the value is always insane, and when I saw this box, I decided to make it mine. I am really excited to open up my first box and check out all the items in person. 


This box doesn't really have a theme, because their items go along with the season, but instead they offer a couple page newspaper that details each item, but also includes some articles on the products and summer in general. While I do love my themes, I don't mind a seasonal box not having one (besides the season), and this was both unique and fun. I loved reading up on the items, but getting a little dose of pop culture as well. Now let's dig in. 



Michael Stars Batik Print Convertible Ruana

$54.00

I don't think it would be a summer subscription box without a type of coverup or beach wear. This ruana can be used as a over-sized scarf, a draped cover-up, or a tied skirt. I can see myself sporting all three looks with this fabric, which makes this product transition easily from summer into fall. The box delivered three prints, and if you are a seasonal subscriber, you can choose your color, but unfortunately this is not the one I would've chosen, but instead is my second favorite of the three. Since I did receive this color, I don't think I will wear it as often as I would with the black print, but I will still use it now and then. I like this item, but it isn't a home run. 




BKR 500 ml Little in Romeo

$35.00

OMG! I love these glass water bottles, and while I already have one in millennial pink, I appreciate having another in my cabinet. This water bottle doesn't only look cute, but it keeps my drinks cool, and it is really durable with the silicone cover (something you wouldn't expect from something made out of glass). I have been keeping mine at my desk at work to refill throughout the day, but this bottle is great for travel too. I love having high quality water bottles that will stay sturdy and new for years. This water bottle alone is one of the reason's I decided to splurge on this box. 




Cargo Cosmetics Cargo_HD Picture Perfect Highlighter in Bronze

$30.00 - 0.26 oz

As you can see in the picture, this item unfortunately arrived to me damaged. I did email them right away with this picture, and while they told me they would send me a replacement right away, they ended up running out and offered to send me a replacement item or give me $20 to spend in extras for next season. I ended up pressing together what I could on this item, so I don't think it is a total waste. I like that this highlighter is a little darker, which will work perfectly with my summer tan. The shimmer is beautiful, and I love how it wore on my skin. While this was a little bit of a bust, I ended up making it work, and I got a little extra for my trouble. I'll take it. 




Juice Beauty Smoothing Eye Concentrate

$29.00 - 0.5 fl oz

Oh, yeah! I am really excited about this Juice Beauty product in this subscription box, and an eye smoothing concentrate is perfect for me. This brand delivers high quality products with all natural ingredients. This product will help battle dark circles, fine lines, and any puffiness, which is basically every concern I have. This felt luxurious underneath my eyes, and I noticed an improvement with just a few used. This full size bottle will last me forever, and I hope it changes my appearance as well. I am loving this second beauty item!




Kris Nations Mystic Bar Necklace in Peach Moonstone

$58.00

I received a few Kris Nations products in my subscription boxes, but this is by far my favorite piece of jewelry yet. This moonstone necklace is delicate, but yet quite a statement with it's row of gems. I am a gold girl, so I appreciate the color of the chain, and the peach is so delicate and it will go with everything as well. My absolute favorite part of this necklace is how the gemstones promote well being. This one in particular provides strength, inner peace, and growth. I am going to enjoy wearing this all the time, not only because it is cute, but it will help me grow. 




Eau Thermale Avene Ultra-Light Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50

$24.00 - 1.7 fl oz

Again, it wouldn't be a summer box without a sunscreen item, and this one is great. I love Avene, because it is such high quality, but still affordable. I hate putting SPF on my face that might clog my pores and create acne, so this will be the perfect alternative. This is so light that I can wear it under or over makeup, which also makes it perfect for day to day wear. I love the sleek bottle and the dispenser knob works so well at delivering the perfect amount. I really like this sunscreen, and it will keep my protected from the sun all summer long. 




Ready, Set, Create! Art Kit!

$22.00

I see that this season was a little special and delivered a item from one of these hobbies: cooking, travel, or art. If I would've had the opportunity to choose, I would probably have chosen art, so this is what I was meant to receive. I know a lot of subscribers aren't happy with this kit, but I personally love it. Sometimes I love to just get crafty while watching TV, and this kit will come in handy. Also, I love putting my own up on the wall, so this will soon decorate my house. While this isn't really a high value item, it is one that I will really enjoy for a long time, and it will keep my busy as well when I'm feeling a little bored. 




Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk

$20.00 - 3.2 oz

First of all, I go through dry shampoos so quickly, and I am always restocking, so this full bottle is well appreciated. Second, I really love this brand, and this product. I've received samples of this product in a few of my subscription boxes, so I've been able to see how well it works. Other dry shampoos leave a white powder in your hair, but this still soaks up all the dirt and oil without any discoloring. This is such a practical item, and one I will  easily use up, which is ideal for me. This is such a great addition to this month's box. 



Vital Proteins Marine Collagen 

$46.55 - 10.16 oz    ($1.60 Value)

This special extra is a tasteless supplement powder to toss in your water, coffee, or smoothie to help promote collagen in your skin. Collagen helps fill in fine lines and adds elasticity to your skin giving you an overall younger appearance. This sample isn't enough to notice a difference, but I will say, this was tasteless in my coffee, so it was simple to drink. I could get into the habit of including this into my morning coffee, but at this price I don't think I will be purchasing. This was fun to try out anyways. 




Overall, I am really happy about my first FabFitFun box. I've been tempted to purchase them for a while, but I think I jumped on the right one. I am in love with that water bottle, highlighter, dry shampoo, and eye concentrate. The ruana and necklace are beautiful, and they will definitely get used, while the sunscreen is so handy. Even the canvas will be great for a lazy night in. This season's box has a value of $273.60. That is absolutely crazy for $50 box, and you really get your monies worth. I am really enjoying this box, and I can't wait to see what the next few season's have in store. 


If you would like to try this box out for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself with items perfect for the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment